Babies are very receptive to this therapy of stimulation of the reflex zones of the foot and is not only used for relief of ailments but also to prevent pathologies like colds, constipation, anxiety, etc. As it keeps the immune system in optimum conditions.
This technique is fantastic in cases such as allergies, asthma, drainage of nasal and pulmonary secretions, discomfort of gums, colic, gas, diarrhea, constipation, as well as regulation of sleep.
Some Benefits of Reflexology in Infants and Children:
- Stimulates the production of growth hormone in the pituitary gland.
- It stimulates lymphatic circulation and therefore helps the immune system in its maturation process and resistance to infections.
- It stimulates the central nervous system, which plays a key role in the baby’s neurological and motor development.
- It stimulates the secretion of endorphins, hormones that induce relaxation and have properties against pain.
- Reduces feelings of anxiety and trauma by reducing the levels of cortisol, a hormone that occurs in states of stress such as childbirth, for example.
- It reinforces the bond of the baby with his parents and caregivers, a fundamental link in the later development of all their relationships.
Reflexology for Pregnant Women
This Natural Technique can also be applied to pregnant women.
Recommendations and Warnings
All Remedies / Natural Treatments can be combined with each other, because what works with one baby, may not work with another, so there is more chance of calming the baby.
We recommend to be well documented previously and / or advised by the specialists in the application of the natural treatments.
Very Important: Have a specialist examine your baby to make sure there is no underlying medical condition or food problem that causes that state of agitation (intense crying and / or movement).